We bring you a selection of inspirational quotes by famous actors and actresses so that you can express what you feel with beautiful words. Film actors are, as we all know, people who are truly famous for their great influence on one of the world’s most prized arts, and their public statements are listened to attentively by perhaps millions of fans.
Over the years, the actors have left us many phrases for posterity, many of them giving us great advice or experiences from which we can all learn.
- It may interest you: “famous quotes by great philosophers“
Inspirational quotes by famous actors and actresses.
Do you want to know the best phrases that actors and actresses of all time have left us to remember?
Below you can enjoy the 90 best phrases said by famous actors, phrases with which you will perhaps discover new ways of approaching life.
1. Life is a play that does not allow rehearsals … Therefore, sing, laugh, dance, cry, and live intensely every moment of your life … Before the curtain falls and the play ends without applause. (Charles Chaplin)
As Chaplin tells us in this quote, we must live our lives to the fullest. Let’s take advantage of it!
2. If you get used to putting limits to what you do, physically or at any other level, it will be projected to the rest of your life. It will spread in your work, in your morals, in your being in general. There are no limits. There are phases, but you must not remain stagnant in them, you must overcome them … Man must constantly overcome his levels. (Bruce Lee)
Many times we do not advance in life by the limits that we impose ourselves, this is something that nobody should do.
3. Don’t be afraid to fail. It is not to fail, but to point very low to error. With great aspirations, it is glorious even to fail. (Bruce Lee)
Mistakes will give us the opportunity to learn from them and to improve as individuals.
4. You must make at least one daily movement that brings you a little closer to your goal. (Bruce Lee)
Small goals can gradually bring us closer to our great goal. Setting daily goals is a good way to focus our day to day.
5. I am not teaching you anything, I am only helping you to know yourself. (Bruce Lee)
Bruce Lee was trying to inspire people to be his best version, motivating and encouraging them.
6. When I really loved myself, I understood that in any circumstance, I was in the right place at the right time. And so I was able to relax. Today I know that has a name … self-esteem. ( Charles Chaplin )
We should all love each other as we are, the opinions of others should not influence our lives.
7. There is absolutely no other way to succeed in life if not for constant effort. ( Arnold Schwarzenegger )
Effort is always necessary, without it we will never be able to do what we so desire.
8. Many of our dreams seem impossible at first, then they can seem improbable, and then, when we commit ourselves firmly, they become inevitable. (Christopher Reeve)
We must pursue our dreams, that is the only way to live fully.
9. Many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. ( Will Smith )
Money and material goods are not so important, what is really important in life is the love we receive from our loved ones.
10. If you keep doing the right thing, success will come. (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
We must be persistent, fight for our goals. In the end, we will achieve victory.
11. Life is not about how hard you hit, but how hard you get hit and don’t give up… (Sylvester Stallone)
Not giving up is something very important in life, it is like that, in the end, must surrender to our demands.
12. Helping others is something that will give you in return a fullness that is unlike anything you have achieved before. (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Helping others will give us the opportunity to improve the society in which we find ourselves with our actions. Lead by your own example and others will follow you.
13. Never ever tell me there is something you can’t do. (Will Smith)
Will Smith set no limits in life, and in this way, he managed to achieve everything he set out to do.
14. I think that Humanism is closely linked to the evolution of people, to the overcoming of the Human Being. And the reason for my life has been overcoming. If I had chosen to be a carpenter, I would be a good carpenter; If I had been an electrician, I would now be a very good electrician. I always believed that overcoming the profession is linked to overcoming the whole being. (Mario Moreno, Cantinflas)
We can achieve everything we set out to do, but it will depend on our dedication.
15. Anyone better than me is a role model for me. (Jackie Chan)
Learning from those people who are better than us can help us on our way to self-improvement.
16. Even knowing Trotsky that he was going to be killed every morning when he looked at his wife, he remembered that life is beautiful. (Roberto Benigni)
Although life ends tomorrow, today we can continue enjoying its small pleasures.
17. I only do what I do. I love making movies. And I feel privileged to be able to do this. (Tom Cruise)
Valuing our work and enjoying it will make us much happier people.
18. Dream as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die today. ( James Dean )
James Dean taught us that we should all live by our own rules. He lived and died being true to his own essence.
19. There are four value issues in life. What is sacred? What is the spirit made of? Why is it worth giving life, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each one is the same. Only love. (Johnny Depp)
Love is, without a doubt, the most powerful force that moves the human being, we are capable of doing anything for the person we love.
20. He who waits on God does not wait too long. (Chuck Wagner)
Having faith can help us in many aspects of our life, faith can give us the confidence we need to be able to achieve anything.
21. You can’t have everything Where do you put it? (Stephen Wright)
We should not value our material assets too much, tomorrow they will not accompany us on our way to the beyond.
22. To be successful, your desire for success must be greater than your fear of failure. (Bill Cosby)
Our firm decision is essential in life, without it we will not be able to overcome the problems we will encounter.
23. For you I am an atheist, For God, the loyal opposition. (Woody Allen)
Our religious beliefs are always respectable, believe and let believe. Let’s learn to respect if we want to be respected.
24. When you become a star, you don’t change, everyone else does. (Kirk Douglas)
Fame can change the attitudes with which others approach us, knowing how to surround ourselves with the right people is always very important.
25. Dysfunctional families have spawned a number of very good actors. (Gene Hackman)
No matter where we come from, our future can always be better than our past.
26. There is nothing that feels better to me than to laugh very hard. (Steve Carell)
Laughter is one of the best exercises we can practice, it will help us physically and emotionally.
27. You have achieved success in your field when you don’t know if what you are doing is working or playing. (Warren Beatty)
When we are really good at what we do, it will be very easy for us to carry out our work.
28. I am a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. ( Woody Allen )
In this quote the great Woody Allen encourages us to love ourselves more.
29. Sex without love is an empty experience, but as an empty experience, it is one of the best. (Woody Allen)
Sex has occupied a relevant place in the lives of many people, we enjoy it more when we need it most.
30. I couldn’t wait for success, so I went ahead without it. (Jonathan Winters)
If we are persistent and believe in what we do, success will come in the end.
31. Success is falling nine times and rising ten. (Jon Bon Jovi)
Not giving up is the unequivocal path to success. Patience will help us on this difficult path.
32. Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life gives. And once you find the laughter. No matter how painful your situation is, you can survive. (Bill Cosby)
Humor always helps us in any situation in life, use it whenever you need it.
33. I am an actor who believes that we all have triggers for any stage of emotion. It is not always easy to find, but it is still there. (Hugh Jackman)
The situations we find ourselves will always awaken emotions in us. Without a doubt, the human being has a great capacity to feel.
34. The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a glance. (Vin Diesel)
Small gestures can make a big difference to us, many of them we may remember forever.
35. To join the top 1% you have to do what the 99% will not do. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
Being brave is something totally necessary to be able to succeed in life, the most admired acts always need brave men who can carry them out.
36. I don’t want to be the romantic man “Leading Man”. I don’t want to be the dance type. I don’t want to be a type of action. If I had to do any of them all my life, I’d go crazy. (Patrick Swayze)
Swayze did not want the public to typecast him, he wanted to innovate and be able to act in roles that would challenge him in his professional career.
37. Raising awareness of the most pressing environmental problems of our time is more important than ever. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
Climate change will affect us all equally, let’s be more aware and recycle whenever we can.
38. When people believe in you, you can do miraculous things. (Vin Diesel)
The support that others can give us will mean greater motivation on our part, with that motivation we will be able to make things that we did not believe possible come true.
39. No matter what the problem is, you can always do the right thing. (Tom Hardy)
Living life under our own rules will reveal us as much more complete and happy people.
40. I don’t know who I am. But I know what keeps me alive is control. (Nicolas Cage)
We must always have control of our lives, we must not be carried away by negative influences that can make us lose that control.
41. I want you to back off in a corner. Do not leave yourself but to be successful. Let the consequences of failure become so terrible and so unthinkable that you will have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
If we fight, we don’t give up and we are brave, success will appear in the end. Trust your own possibilities.
42. It doesn’t matter if you win for a second or for a kilometer, winning is winning. (Vin Diesel)
There is only one winner, regardless of the margin by which we have won.
43. I realized that acting was what I wanted to do with my life. Nothing had touched my heart as acting did. (Hugh Jackman)
When we find the profession that satisfies us the most, we will never leave it. It will be part of the person we will always be.
44. For me, winning is not giving up, no matter what is thrown at me, I can take care of it. And I can move on. (Patrick Swayze)
We are much better than we usually think, being positive is the first step towards personal success.
45. Insecurity is always chasing you and setting you on the path of your dreams. (Vin Diesel)
Our insecurities block us and nullify our capabilities. Don’t let your insecurities direct your life.
46. The brothers do not necessarily have to say anything to each other: they can sit in a room and be together and be completely comfortable with each other. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
Those people we love the most will always be an important part of us, with them we will be comfortable in any place and situation.
47. Never be at war, especially with yourself. (Nicolas Cage)
War is never positive and neither is you. In order to live in peace, you must first put your thoughts in order.
48. Being on Broadway is the modern equivalent of being a monk. Sleep a lot, eat a lot, and get plenty of rest. (Hugh Jackman)
Performing on Broadway is the dream of hundreds of thousands of people, a dream that Hugh Jackman was very lucky to be able to live.
49. The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you alert. It is not like any other job where you can enter and do the same as yesterday. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
Acting is not a job for everyone, it will demand a lot from us both physically and mentally.
50. Do you know what I’m afraid of? You’re welcome. (Vin Diesel)
Fear only makes us less efficient in what we do, it will never bring us anything positive. Learn to overcome your fears if you want to be happier in life.
51. They say that evil prevails when good men do nothing to prevent it. They should say that evil prevails. (Nicolas Cage)
Evil has always been something very hard to overcome, the human being seems to feel very comfortable doing it.
52. I am very proud of Moneyball. For me, it’s about feeling proud of a movie I made. I think when I am old I will be able to show my grandchildren with pride. That’s all I can give: making movies to please me. (Jonah Hill)
Those jobs that we are proud of will always accompany us throughout our lives. Let’s enjoy more of what makes us happier!
53. When you give up the desire to control the future, I assure you that you will be much happier. Live in the present. (Nicole Kidman)
The present is the most important moment we have, it is where we can enjoy everything that life offers us today.
54. How easy it is to be unconcerned. It takes courage and character to push yourself. (Lucy Liu)
It depends on ourselves and our values that what we want comes true. Are you willing to do what it takes?
55. I’m 97% sure you don’t like me. But I’m 100% sure I don’t care. (Leonardo Dicaprio)
The opinion of others should not matter to us, we should live our life the way we want.
56. I love acting, but it’s much more fun taking kids to the zoo. (Nicole Kidman)
The family is perhaps our greatest source of joy, our children and parents will always occupy a large space in our hearts.
57. The only thing that can be predicted from people, one hundred percent sure, is that people will change. And whoever thinks otherwise is delusional. (Lucy Liu)
We all change and evolve over time, but it’s up to us to make it better. Stay with those most uplifting experiences of your day to day.
58. Without much disappointment, victories are not appreciated. (Nicolas Cage)
Great failures can teach us the path we should take. Failures can be the best opportunities for improvement.
59. If you are in a relationship where the other person doesn’t care about you, it is best to let it go. (Nicole Kidman)
Toxic relationships can make us waste a lot of time, detecting them in time will always be the best for us.
60. I love to act, but I don’t like everything else: interest in celebrities, the press, the Internet. Especially when people confuse what is sold from you with the real person. (Nicole Kidman)
Fame can also bring us many negative aspects, as it is often said: “all that glitters is not gold”.
61. A cookie has no soul, it is just a cookie. But before that there was milk and eggs. And in the eggs is where the essence of life is. (Jean Claude Van Damme)
Van Damme undoubtedly has a very characteristic humor, not losing our sense of humor will always be a positive thing for us.
62. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. (Clint Eastwood)
No one knows what the future holds, take advantage of the present because it is what you can really control.
63. There must be a mathematical explanation for such an ugly tie. (Russell Crowe)
The taste for fashion can be something really particular in some people, dress as you feel more comfortable!
64. I have a great talent as an actor. I don’t care what the press says: I am one of the most sensitive human beings in the world, and I know it. (Jean Claude Van Damme)
The opinion that should matter most should always be ours, others should not change what we think about ourselves.
65. I can manage pain. (Adam Sandler)
Life can bring us some difficult moments, we must know how to deal with them in order to overcome them successfully.
66. Take your job seriously, but don’t take yourself seriously. (Clint Eastwood)
Work and be disciplined, but don’t forget that life should also be enjoyed. Leisure moments should also be important to us.
67. The air is beautiful but you cannot see it, it is soft but you cannot touch it. The air looks a bit like my brain. (Jean Claude Van Damme)
The humor of this actor always manages to surprise all his fans, Van Damme, without a doubt, he has a very particular way of understanding life.
68. What distinguishes the real from the unreal is in the heart. (Russell Crowe)
Our emotions are what tell us what is valuable to us, we must know how to listen to them.
69. Let’s not ruin it by thinking too much. (Clint Eastwood)
Certain moments in life should be enjoyed to the fullest, without thinking of anything else that can occupy our minds at that precise moment.
70. With the amount of money I have, it is difficult to raise children the way I was raised. (Adam Sandler)
Living an overly opulent life can also have its own drawbacks.
71. Come on, brighten my day. (Clint Eastwood)
Eastwood has always been one of those men who is never intimidated.
72. That’s the show business, false sincerity. (Benny Hill)
The show always seeks to attract attention, no matter what is true and what is not.
73. I need to believe because, despite my weight, I feel small in front of my surroundings. If I don’t think I’m screwed. At a conference, I said: In the world, there is no man or woman who does not need to believe in something. A boy got up and said: I am an atheist. (Bud Spencer)
Our beliefs make up a large part of the person we are, through them we develop in society in one way or another.
74. Sometimes you can’t prioritize family and you feel guilty. (Adam Sandler)
Our work can take up a large part of our time, but we must also dedicate to the family the time they deserve.
75. It is painful to live in fear, right? There is nothing worse than feeling itchy and not being able to scratch. (Harrison Ford)
Living with fear deprives us of being able to do many things that perhaps we would love, we must not let ourselves be carried away by fear.
76. You must lose everything to win something. (Brad Pitt)
In order to win, we must also take risks, great victories often force us to put a lot at risk.
77. I always look for a challenge and something that is different. (Tom Cruise)
Challenges can greatly encourage our daily life, knowing how to look for new challenges can be a great personal motivation.
78. You are only a handful of old men playing hard. (Harrison Ford)
Harrison Ford knows his fellow professionals very well and also knows what each of them lacks.
79. Stop being perfect, because obsessing about being perfect prevents you from growing. (Brad Pitt)
There is no one perfect, we all have certain imperfections that can also be our touch of originality. Take pride in your imperfections.
80. My older children are fantastic people. It cannot be the result of my influence on them. (Harrison Ford)
Our work as parents may have been better or worse, but surely we will have put the best of us into it.
81. I think laughter is the best calorie burner. (Audrey Hepburn)
Laughing activates a lot of muscles and it is true that you can burn a lot of calories.
82. That was not logical, it was love. (Sarah Jessica Parker)
Love can be complicated in certain circumstances, it can also turn our personal life into a real madness.
83. Big girls need big diamonds. (Elizabeth Taylor)
All women should be equally proud of themselves, regardless of their weight, height, skin color, or any other characteristic.
84. I never think of myself as an icon. That’s in people’s heads, not mine. I just do my job. (Audrey Hepburn)
Audrey Hepburn always knew how to keep her feet on the ground, fame would not be able to change the person she was.
85. I like my money where I can see it … Hanging in my closet. (Sarah Jessica Parker)
Fashion has always been a very relevant aspect in the life of Sarah Jessica Parker, something that she undoubtedly shares with a large number of women.
86. You can know more about a person by what he says about others than by what others say about him. (Audrey Hepburn)
What you say about others also says a lot about yourself. We should not speak of people who are not present.
87. Other women looked at me like a rival. And it hurt a lot. (Grace Kelly)
Grace Kelly knew very well that she was a totally normal girl, and did not understand why the other women seemed to be upset with her.
88. Success is a great deodorant. (Elizabeth Taylor)
Success makes us seem much more attractive people, without a doubt it is capable of camouflaging many personal defects.
89. Freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom in it. (Grace Kelly)
Someone has always manipulated the press, governments, business groups, magnates. Press freedom is often conspicuous by its absence.
90. I would never have won an Oscar if I had stayed in Hollywood. (Sophia Loren)
Success can be found in the most unsuspected places, let’s learn to be braver in our lives. I hope you enjoyed reading these inspirational quotes by famous actors and actresses.