Everyone needs some inspiration, and these positive quotes about work ethic will give you all you need. Moral values in life are of great importance from the point of view of personal, social, and spiritual development. Values, morals, and ethics are inextricably linked.
Values are what we learn from childhood; they are the “things” that we acquire from our parents and our immediate surroundings.
Values are the motivating power behind decisive action. Unfortunately, many of us may have difficulty following values such as truthfulness, honesty, and/or forgiveness in our lives because we have not perceived the subtle gains that come from following these values.
Or perhaps we are careless in realizing the importance of values in life. Ethics on the other hand is how we behave in difficult situations that test our moral fiber. Ethics is the code or principles on which the character of the person depends.
Ethics and character are closely related. Moral values are essential for ethics to develop at an early age and can be instruments for building character.
In this article I have compiled a small selection of ethical and moral phrases so that you can reflect on the importance of these values, all of them pronounced by great thinkers, artists, and relevant figures in history.
40 ethical and moral phrases to inspire you
Here you have the collection of ethical and moral quotes Enjoy them!
1. “Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have the right to do and what is right to do.” Potter Stewart
2. “Morality naturally rests on feeling.” Anatole France
3. “Work to keep alive in your chest that little spark of celestial fire, the conscience.” George Washington
4. “Ethics is nothing other than the veneration of life.” Albert Schweitzer
5. “With morality we correct the errors of our instincts and with love the errors of our morals.” José Ortega y Gasset
6. “Strive to think well; here is the beginning of morality. ” Blaise Pascal
7. “The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings.” Albert Schweitzer
8. “He who does not use his morality as his best clothing would be better naked.” Khalil Gibran
9. “Work consistently with your true personality. Work with integrity. Let yourself be guided by your heart. The rest will come by itself. ” Robin S. Sharma
10. “Ethics, equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.” DH Lawrence
Other interesting phrases: ” good thoughts of the day with meaning “
11. “Indigestion is responsible for preaching the moral to the stomach.” Victor Hugo
12. “My conscience has more weight for me than the opinion of the whole world.”
13. “Morality is the science par excellence: the art of living well and being happy.”
14. “Ethics is man’s activity aimed at guaranteeing the inner perfection of his own personality.” Albert Schweitzer
15. “We must be good not for others, but to be at peace with ourselves.” Achile Tournier
16. “If there is any conflict between the natural and the moral world, between reality and conscience, it is conscience that must bear reason.” Henri-Frédéric Amiel
17. “Ethics is originally the art of recommending to others the sacrifices required for cooperation with oneself.” Bertrand Russell
18. “Never allow a sense of morality to stop you from doing what is right.” Isaac Asimov
19. “In acting out of sympathy, out of compassion, out of charity, there is absolutely no morality.” Immanuel Kant
20. “Ethics or honesty are the pillars on which our entire society is based, business is part of our society and is an integral part of the practice of being able to conduct business, having a set of honest standards.” Kerry Stokes
21. “Morality is the rule of customs. And customs are habits. Morale is then the rule of habit. ” Anatole France
22. “The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.”
23. “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living things, we are still wild. ” Thomas A. Edison
24. “Morality is what makes one feel good and what is immoral is what makes one feel bad.
25. “The sole foundation of civil society is morality.” Maximilien de Robespierre
26. “Divorced from ethics, leadership is reduced to management and politics to a mere technique.” James MacGregor Burns
27. “The first punishment of the guilty is that he can never be acquitted by the court of his conscience.” Juvenal
28. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself to whatever you do, even if you are a doorman or are taking your first summer job, because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life. ” Tyler Perry
29. “Preaching morality is easy; much easier than adjusting life to the morality that is preached. ” Arthur Schopenhauer
30. “Ethics is more important than laws.” Wynton Marsalis
Read also: Good thoughts of the day with meaning.
31. “We are all equal in the face of moral duty.” Immanuel Kant
32. “More often there is a compromise between ethics and convenience.” Peter Singer
33. “Morality is not just being good, but being good for anything.” Henry D. Thoreau
34. “An unethical man is a wild beast released into this world.” Albert Camus
35. “Living in contradiction with one’s reason is the most intolerable moral state.” Leon Tolstoi
36. “Christian ethics played an essential role in my upbringing.” David Rockefeller
37. “Morals and lights are our first needs.” Simon Bolivar
38. “Every aspect of Western culture needs a new code of ethics – a rational ethic – as a precondition for rebirth.” Ayn Rand
39. “In fact, the action is the only means of expression for ethics.” Jane Addams
40. “Ethics is nothing more than a rational attempt to find out how to live better.” Fernando Savater
I hope you enjoyed reading these good thoughts of the day with meaning.